Senaryo alanında yazılmış en güzel kitaplardan biri olan Story’nin yazarı senarist Robert McKee‘i bilmeyen yoktur sanırım. Kendisi sadece yazar ve eğitmen olarak değil, yeni senaristlerin keşfedilmesine destek olarak da güzel bir iş yapıyor. Sponsoru olduğu Emerging Screenwriters Senaryo Yarışması da bunlardan biri. Amerika’da düzenlenen yarışma, TV dizisi ve uzun metraj olmak üzere iki kategoride yeni yeteneklerin ve hikayelerin keşfedilmesi için düzenleniyor. Kaleminize güveniyorsanız şansınızı deneyebilirsiniz. Yabancı festivallerin ve yarışmaların duyurusunu yayınladığımızda pek çok arkadaşımızın İngilizce yüzünden başlamadan vazgeçtiklerini biliyorum. Vazgeçmeyin, siz önce senaryonuzu en iyi şekliyle yazın, emin olun o aşamaya geldiğinizde İngilizce’ye çevirecek, yardım alacak imkanı bulacaksınız. Sonuçta bu yarışmalar İngilizce’ye değil, iyi hikayeleri arıyor ;)
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
We’re offering CASH, CONNECTIONS and a long-term DEVELOPMENT program!
Brought to you by the International Screenwriters’ Association and Sponsored by Robert McKee.
Our goal is to help you, the emerging screenwriter develop as a storyteller, show off your talents to industry, and provide you with a cash prize to help propel you along in your screenwriting career.
The new season of the Emerging Screenwriters Screenplay Competition is proud to announce that we are offering the Grand Prize Winner guaranteed reads by literary managers and executives, an invitation into the ISA Development Program, where the team will work with you to package and champion your winning script to more industry execs for a full year! 8 writers have signed option agreements or signed with an agency in the past 18 months. Many more are being reviewed by top producers in the industry.
Plus you’ll split $25,000 in cash prizes and you’ll go to Robert McKee’s Renowned Story Seminar in New York or LA to learn in-depth techniques and lessons on story.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
$25,000 in CASH!
$10,000 to Grand Prize Winner!
2nd Place – $5,000
3rd Place – $4,000
4th Place – $3,000
5th Place – $2,000
6th Place – $1,000
Grand Prize Also Receives:
– Guaranteed Reads by Industry right after winning.
– ISA Development Program Invitation, where team will help package and champion your screenplay further.
Top 6 Also Receives
– Full Scholarship to the New York or Los Angeles McKee STORY Seminar – (value: $765)
– ISA Development Program Consideration
– 1 Year ISA CONNECT
ISA Craft Course Online
6 months FREE access to Producers, Agents and Managers
with ISA CONNECT! (value: $60)
Email Release Announcing TOP 100
Loglines submitted to Producers for Consideration upon Industry Request
- All writers from all countries are welcome to enter the competition; however, all scripts must be submitted in English, and entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars.
- Emerging Screenwriters Grand Prize Winners and their screenplays are ineligible to enter into any future contest season.
- Any screenplays that have placed in the Emerging Screenwriters Top 6 are ineligible to win in any future contest season.
- If screenwriters receive 2nd – 6th place awards 3 times with 3 different screenplays the writer will no longer be eligible to submit.
- Scripts must be the original work of the author(s) and may not be encumbered by any third party.
- Scripts that have been sold, produced for a profit, or are currently under option are not eligible.
- Novels, short stories, stage plays, treatments, synopses, reality show concepts, and/or spec scripts for existing TV series are not eligible. Your script must be an original screenplay or teleplay.
- Screenplays adapted from your own self-published books, plays, or other source material are eligible if you have retained all rights to your work.
- Adaptations from other works are permissible provided you have the writer’s written permission to adapt the work.
- Adaptations of works in the public domain are permissible.
- Collaborative work is eligible; the writers are responsible for the distribution of the competition prize(s).
- Those that receive a free script analysis are not eligible to receive a free resubmission, which may come as an option with purchased script analyses or unless otherwise stated in a promotion.
- Emerging Screenwriters cannot guarantee your script analysis will be received within enough time to resubmit.
- The writer understands that a script analysis can take up to 90-days turn-around time and may not be received before the end of the contest.
- You may submit your entry and payment online only. We’re GREEN!
- Promotions must be used at the time of submission and will not be added to previous submissions.
- Multiple entries are permissible.
- Once a script has been entered into the competition, we will only accept substitutions of new drafts or corrected pages if you contact us within 24 hours. After that, under no circumstances will we accept changes. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your script, you must enter it as a new submission and pay the appropriate entry fee.
- Writers under the age of 18 years old must have parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate.
- Competition applicants must accept without reservation the decisions rendered by the judges.
- Writer understands that it is his/her sole responsibility to register Material with the U.S. Copyright Office and/or with the Writer’s Guild of America or the appropriate agency in his/her country.
- Payments to be accepted via Paypal only, or through registrations on the ISA website. All major credit cards accepted.
- By entering this competition, and in the event you are declared a finalist, you understand and accept that Emerging Screenwriters and the ISA will be free to use your name and likeness for advertising or promotional purposes without additional consideration.
- Contestants are under no obligation to participate therein.
- Contestants may submit their screenplay to any other person, competition, producer, agent, publisher, and/or organization and will retain all rights to their screenplay.
- No agreement for compensation, other than the prizes, has been implied.
- Prizes may be distributed in the rate of 1 package per person based on the highest placement and not per winning screenplay, depending on the request of the sponsor.
- The Grand Prize – 3rd Place cash prizes will be provided in 3 parts over 3 months.
- CONNECT Membership prizes expire after 90 days and cannot be combined with a current free CONNECT membership.
- Decisions of the Judges are final and may not be disputed. The Judges will adhere to our competition guidelines; however, the competition and its administrators may not be held responsible for any errors or omissions on the part of the Judges.
- Length requirements are as follows: 1). Full-Length Features: 80-120 pages. 2). TV Drama Pilots & Web Series: Up to 70 pages.
- If you order a script analysis you may be charged separately $1 for each page over 120 pages, or the reader may only read the first 120 pages.
- Under no circumstances should you include your name or contact information within the body of your script. You may include this information on your Title Page, but it is not required.
- Please do not enclose synopses, casting suggestions, letters, resumes or photos with your submission. They will not be forwarded to the Judges. However, if you’re submitting a TV Pilot you may include standard supplementary materials, such as lists of recurring characters and future episodes. Email them to: Submissions@
- You understand that your logline and screenplay will be reviewed by our staff and/or our panel of Industry Judges for evaluation. You also understand that any one of the staff or judges may have been or may be exploring ideas similar to yours, and you hereby waive any claim that the Emerging Screenwriters Screenplay Competition, its staff or judges may have misappropriated any ideas or portions of your submission logline or screenplay.
- The writer understands and accepts without reservation that he/she is an independent contractor and that Competition Administrators are not responsible for withholding any taxes or payments to any government agency, at any level, be it state, local or federal.
- To enter the Emerging Screenwriters Screenplay Competition you must agree to the Rules.